Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Employee Evaluation Interview

I interviewed a friend who is the manager at a boutique clothing store
1. How often do you perform employee evaluations?
I perform employee evaluations annually in December or January
2. What kinds of things are you looking for in an employee evaluation?
The employee evaluation is a good time to look at the employee's performance over the past year, discuss any problems, and successes. Raises are usually discussed in this evaluation.
3. Do you have any goals or plans that you discuss in your employee evaluations?
Our employee evaluations are pretty informal. I don't set specific goals with my employees, except looking over what they could improve on and things that they are doing well.
4. How important do you feel an employee evaluation is?
I think employee evaluations can be very beneficial to both me and the employee. It offers a chance for us both to sit down and discuss anything that needs to be addressed.
5. If an employee has not done a satisfactory job in the past year,
how do you approach the employee evaluation?
If they have not done an awesome job, I look at the evaluation as a way to discuss what has gone on. I try and see what I can do to help the employee succeed as well as identify ways for the employee to improve.

This was a great experience learning more about employee evaluations and how one manager approaches these evaluations.

No comments:

Post a Comment